To compete in a Muay Thai fight against your opponent it requires intense training and good preparation. The normal Muay Thai training plan is suitable under certain conditions. Here we compiled the best Muay Thai training plan for fight preparation. The preparation plan is designed for full-time professionals in a Muay Thai Camp.
Muay Thai Fight Preparation – All tips
Intensive Muay Thai Fight preparation plan in the morning:
- 7:30h – 45-60 minutes / 5-8km jogging or skipping.
- 8:30h – Short stretching or jumping rope after running (5-10 minutes).
- 8:40h – Shadow Boxing 3-4 rounds of three minutes or 10 minutes (start slowly and increase speed). Do in the round breaks (30sec.) 10 Crunches and 10 pushups.
- 9:00h – Punching Bag: kicks, punches, knees, kicks, elbows and other Muay Thai techniques in full strength on the Heavy Bag.Vary all techniques. 5-8 rounds of three minutes or 25 minutes. In the round breaks light stretching and 10 Crunches and pushups.
- 9:30h – Thai Pad Work: 5-6 rounds pad training with instructor. Run all techniques at full strength and speed. In the round breaks don’t forget to drink water. Do some Push-ups and Crunches.
- 10:00h – Clinch Training: Clinching with partners. Train clinch throws, clinch attacks and techniques. 30 minutes.
- 10:30h – Kick and Knee attack Training: 100 kicks per leg on the Heavy Bag (10 sets of 10 kicks). 200 knee attacks on the Heavy Bag (10 sets of 20 shots).
- 11:00h – 200 Crunches and 100 Pushups.
- 11:15h – Cool Down Stretching.
Do weight training in order to promote weak parts of the body.
Intensive afternoon Muay Thai Workout in fight preparation phase:
- 16:30h – 45 minutes jogging or jumping rope.
- 17:15h -Shadow Boxing 5-6 rounds of three minutes or 20 minutes (start slowly and increase speed). In the round breaks (30-60sec.) 10 Crunches and 10 pushups.
- 17:35h – Thai Pad Training: 5-8 rounds punch and kick training with instructor. Run all techniques at full strength and speed. In the round breaks drink water and do 10 push-ups and Crunches.
- 18:05h – Clinch Training: 30 minutes clinching with partner.
- 18:35h – Kick and knee-attack Training: 50 kicks per leg on the Heavy Bag (5 sets of 10 kicks). 100 knees on the Heavy Bag (5 sets of 20 shots).
- 18:05h – Abdominal Workout: 100 Crunches 4 sets in a 25 piece.
- 18:20h – Cool Down Stretching.
Sparring – take sparring lessons in morning or afternoon workout!
This Muay Thai training program is an intensive combat training plan and serves the absolute fitness before the fight. However, the intensive hill runs should be replaced with longer endurance runs 7 days before the fight.
Muay Thai fight preparation for Amateurs:
Not every fighter enjoys the luxury of being able to fight full-time. Here we have created a fight preparation training plan for amateur athletes.
Muay Thai Workout in the evening (after work):
Running: Running should be distributed individually according to the time and mood to 4-5 days a week. 5×30 minutes of running per week should be for amateur athletes more than enough. Stop the intense hill runs and fast runs 7 days before the fight and do slower endurance runs.
Workout in Muay Thai school:
- 17:45h – 15 minutes skipping rope.
- 18:00h – Warm-up: 30 minutes running, Crunches, push-ups, etc.
- 18:30h – 10 minutes of stretching the muscles and ligaments.
- 18:40h – Shadow Boxing: 5-6 rounds of three minutes or 15 minutes (start slowly and increase speed). In the round breaks (30-60sec.) stretching.
- 19:05h – Thai Pad Work: 5-8 rounds pad training with instructor. Run all techniques at full strength and speed. In the round breaks 10 push-ups and Crunches.
- 19:40h – Kick and knee Training: 100 kicks per leg on the Heavy Bag (10 sets of 10 kicks). 200 knee attack on the Heavy Bag (10 sets of 20 shots).
- 20:00h – 15 minutes Clinch Training.
- 20:15h – Cool Down Stretching and Abdominal Workout: minimum 100 Crunches 4 sets in a 25 piece.
Subsequently strength training can be done according to your mood on other days. 7 days before the fight should weight training rest almost completely.
The Muay Thai Fight preparation plan for amateurs should be repeated in the preparatory phase at least 2-3 times per week. Optimally, is it to do intensive preparation training every evening. 1-2 weeks before the fight you should reduce the intensity a little bit.